VMFA PARKING DECK & PEDESTRIAN WALKWAYS
In 1936 the finishing touches of the English Renaissance-style Virginia Museum of Fine Arts were completed and the doorway to the "best of world art, past and present" in the commonwealth was officially opened.
Since its inception the Museum's varied and celebrated collections and exhibits have drawn in people of all kinds - connoisseurs, curiosity seekers, and those simply looking for a way to pass the time. This continuous growth has been the catalyst for the building's changing landscape, including the addition of the 4-story, 170,000 SF parking deck accommodating 600 vehicles, pedestrian walkways, and accommodations for the museum's sculpture garden.
Architects: Rick Mather + SMBW | Owner: Virginia Museum of Fine Arts | Location: Richmond, VA