UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND - NORTH COURT
Listed on the register of National Historic Places, North Court is the original Westhampton College building, built in 1914 as a classroom and residential facility for the women’s college. Today, the building is divided into two sections – the academic section (which remains as is) and the residential section which was renovated by Kjellstrom + Lee.
The renovation of this 150 bed residence hall included the reconfiguration of existing residences to a suite configuration: multiple one- or two-bed rooms with a shared bath in each unit. The building also underwent structural repairs to the floor slabs, masonry walls (including building envelope), and roof framing; replacement of the metal casement windows and existing slate room with same. Kjellstrom + Lee also installed new life safety systems, installing a full-height elevator, and new HVAC, electrical and controls package.
Architects: Glave & Holmes Architecture | Owner: University of Richmond | Location: Richmond, VA