top of page
DSC_0066 sized.jpg


The sole reminder of the former residential character of the downtown portion of Richmond’s Broad Street, the historic Beer’s House is listed on both the State and National Registers of historic places. Originally constructed in 1839, with a full third story added in 1860, a complete restoration of Beers House was completed by Kjellstrom & Lee in 2003 to provide a headquarters for the Medical College of Virginia Foundation. Renovations focused on maintaining the period features of the existing historic 4-story, 5,006 SF house, while also constructing a new 4-story, 1,998 SF addition accommodating the growing office needs of MCVF’s administrative staff.

Architects: Baskervill   |   Owner: Medical College of Virginia Foundation   |   Location: Richmond, VA

bottom of page