LEWIS GINTER BOTANICAL GARDEN

Built in conjunction with the 26,000 SF education center, the new 16,617 SF conservatory building located in Richmond’s Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden houses beautifully exotic plants from subtropical and tropical regions of the world. It consists of an entry portico, a central domed glass house, 3 glazed wing houses, and a glazed link to a Headhouse with restroom and work space.

 

Because different areas of the Conservatory required stringent temperature and humidity control to accommodate the various botanical specimens, a great deal of consideration was given to the sequencing of HVAC installation and the introduction of the plants. K+L worked closely with the owner to conceive a schedule that would ensure the appropriate environment.

Architects: Glave & Holmes   |   Owner: Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens  |   Location: Richmond, VA

© 2014 by Kjellstrom and Lee, Inc.

1607 Ownby Lane  | Richmond, VA 23220  | 804.288.0082

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle