STUART HALL SCHOOL - UPPER AND LOWER SCHOOLS & EASTHAM  CENTER

​Stuart Hall School, originally known as the Virginia Female Institute, was founded in 1844 in Staunton Virginia. Now 174 years later the school still strives to provide the highest level of college preparatory education for area day students as well as boarding students (both boys and girls).  Kjellstrom + Lee was chosen to provide renovations to the lower and upper schools, as well Stuart Hall.  The upper school received a renovation of approximately 12,500 SF over 3 floors which includeD bathrooms, the kitchen, and library.  The lower school renovation included a 8,000 SF on 1 floor and involved bathrooms, main corridors, and the front office.

The Eastham Center involved renovations to the existing center which included new classrooms, bathrooms, and spaces associated with Stuart Hall School – lots of flex space and collaborative areas.  Mechanical, plumbing and electrical were design/build by Southern Air and M&W, respectively.  The existing building is approximately 20,000 total square feet; Floors 1-3 and includes a mezzanine. 

Architects:  Eastham Center Only -  Tymoff + Moss| Owner: Stuart Hall School| Location:  Staunton & Verona, VA

1/1
KL_LogoFinal_CLEAR.png

© 2014 by Kjellstrom and Lee, Inc.

1607 Ownby Lane  | Richmond, VA 23220  | 804.288.0082

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle